Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: June 19, 2022
This position will support manufacturing through process control
and improvement initiatives, and assume direct responsibility for
integrity of assigned products. This position will also establish
and maintain external and internal customer interaction to
understand technical requirements and resolve issues; prepare part
specific work instructions, maintain knowledge of job cost and
develop / implement appropriate plans to improve profitability and
reduce cost through process improvement activity.
**ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Expected to assist in the implementation of Howmet's value and
policy statement and its accompanying principles.
- Comply with all department, facility, Corporate and Regulatory
- Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Report all job-related illness and injuries. (Per employee
- Report all Safety, Health & Environmental concerns to your
supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EH&S training.
- Part specific job responsibility of a portfolio of assigned
products and understanding of technical requirements. Develops a
metallurgically sound process via the use of DOE/statistical
methods for each part. Prepares new and/or updates appropriate
waxing, dipping, foundry service, and casting process
- Communication with the customer on a regular basis.
- Conceives, evaluates and implements process engineering
experiments, new product introduction part qualifications, cost
reduction initiatives, capacity initiatives, and part/process
- Utilize NDT and destructive testing methods to reduce labor and
material costs, improve yields and develop new process techniques.
Issue technical reports on all evaluations and development
- Communicate/interface with all levels of management and
manufacturing and establish both internal and external customer and
- Utilize basic engineering skills to approach problems
analytically and derive sound conclusions.
- Works with Product Engineer to develop dimensionally stable
process which meets metallurgical requirements for yield and
customer supplied requirements. Review customer blueprints for
detail involving alloy, non-destructive testing and other process
- Review daily and weekly reject reports and initiates actions to
reduce scrap and rework. Have part ownership and participate in
cross-functional plant cost reduction initiatives.
- Compile and submit process approval data to customer and obtain
- Responsible for the disposition of the MRB castings.
- Perform other miscellaneous assignments or directed by
- Part specific process engineering job responsibility
- Concurrent engineering with the customer and developing process
control plans & PFMEA's
- Technical responsibility for compiling process approval packages
and submitting them to the customer; technical support relative to
- Addressing yield and labor variances relative to quote
- Support manufacturing through yield improvement activity
- Ensuring proper operations sequence and work instructions are
provided to the manufacturing floor
- Participating/leading customer conference calls/communication
- Compiling data for concessions/prod permits as required
- Developing new work instructions on continuous improvement of
current work instructions
- Evaluating process modeling prior to new process implementation
or process improvement
- Development, build & implementation of new fixture designs and
support tool builds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder')
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Metallurgical or Materials Science
- 3 years work experience in engineering or technical field
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Roswell , Product Engineer, Engineering , Roswell, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!