Posted on: August 2, 2022
Why Wellpath: Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!" About this
role: Our Nurse Practitioner provide a full range of medical
services for patients. Works under the supervision of the Site
Medical Director and other site Physicians and in accordance with
established policy and procedure as well as within the state
guidelines. Provides required documentation of services to the Site
Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of
clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and H.S.A.
regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assists in arrangements for
coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period
of time. What you bring to the table: Education: - - - - - - - - -
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, and hold an
advanced degree in an approved and accredited Nurse Practitioner
programExperience: - - - - - - - -
- Prior medical/surgical and/or emergency/trauma experience and
corrections experience preferred
- Must have the patience and tact to deal with the patient
population and ability to work effectively in the corrections
- Scheduling flexibility is required to be able to rotate hours
and shifts, if needed, and to be called during emergency situations
to provide coverageLicenses/Certifications: -
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner within the state
- Current CPR Certification What you will do:
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine
- Conducts on-site chronic care clinics and sick call as
established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator
- Conducts infirmary rounds as established by Site Medical
Director, Health Services Administrator or designee and records
encounters in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem
oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before using non-formulary procedure.
- Respond to a code or health emergency within standard
- Makes pertinent observations and draws logical conclusions,
which validate need for non-formulary drug, which is recorded on
non-formulary form and submitted to the Medical Director for
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before using off-site referral,
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately
in urgent or emergency situations.
- Supports standards of medical care through adherence to
existing policies and procedures for: Admission to the infirmary
(when one is on site); Transfer to emergency room; Utilization
review process for specialty consultant referrals
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her
individual judgments and actions.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of
appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary
for the realization of established patient goals to the Medical
Director or Health Services Administrator for disposition.
- Uses Universal or Standard Precautions at all times.
- Prescribes a planned regimen of total patient care, which is
adequate, problem-oriented and appropriate to the needs of the
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patient's
rights to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality
practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Provides input into facility mandatory committees such as
Pharmacy and Therapeutics and Medical Audit Committee as requested
by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance
- Must maintain privileges
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Our investment in
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here
Keywords: Wellpath, Roswell , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Roswell, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!