Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: October 11, 2020
OverviewLeprino Foods' history dates back over 65 years, when
Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for
local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of
Denver. We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest
manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading
producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino
family, our sights are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and
Ingredient Company." To help us achieve that daring vision, we're
looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who
is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery
store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees
throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our
The Operations Supervisor with coaching and guidance from plant
leadership, the Operations Supervisor will gain in-depth knowledge
of all production processes from start-up to shut-down, and is
expected to be able to make solid decisions pertaining to product
quality, safety, and efficiencies for their applicable department
rotation. As part of their development process, Operations
Supervisors are also responsible for monitoring aspects of team
performance throughout their rotation, including product testing,
equipment operations, product inventories, and employee scheduling
to meet production needs. The Operations Supervisor will assist in
building an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and
developing hourly team members when applicable.
We Ask You to:
Technical Training & Onboarding
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of production processes
which assures that production yields and efficiencies are met as
defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Demonstrates developed people leadership skills in the
production department rotation by supporting and implementing
programs in training, safety, communications, performance
recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure
peak employee productivity.
- Supervises daily shift operations to ensure production
standards and quality parameters are met where needed.
- Achieves targeted production volumes for area of
- Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance
work orders to minimize production downtime.
- Helps to monitor team operations and makes recommendations for
labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality
- Executes to the department's financial performance goals to
assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible
- Helps to implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance
and a safe working environment.---
- Assists in leading and executing the department's quality
systems to achieve quality goals.---
- Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor
efficiency and ensure production needs are met, with guidance.
- Leads and coaches team employees when
- Helps to build and foster strong working relationships,
collaboration within the team and a positive work
- Reinforces company and plant policies fairly and
- Ensures team employees have completed all required
- Responds to employee questions and concerns.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for
the long-term. Leprino couldn't be where it is today without our
incredible workforce. That's why we share in our success together
by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it
for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through
competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits,
tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching
401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing
plan - Leprino hires to retire.
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience leading, mentoring, and/or
delegating work to others , with 5+ years of experience in food
manufacturing environment and/or additional education substituting
experience where applicable.
- Proficient computer knowledge, with familiarity or ability to
learn SAP or other manufacturing computer systems
- College Degree in Food Science, Dairy Technology or related
- Dairy/Cheese Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing
A career with Leprino Foods means you'll be part of a worldwide
group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products
that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your
contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further
our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to
perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information
about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Roswell , Operations Supervisor, Other , Roswell, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!