Per Diem Pharmacist
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Per Diem PharmacistRecovery Services of New Mexico is looking
for a knowledgeable and detail-oriented per diem pharmacist to
provide pharmacy services to patients, nurses, physicians, and
other medical staff by interpreting and evaluating the validity and
safety of orders and prescriptions. An ideal pharmacist candidate
integrates core pharmacy knowledge dispensing and order review
activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that drugs are handled in the facility in a manner that
protects the safety and welfare of the patient
- Sets the policies and procedures in the facility as related to
all facets of drug handling and distribution, these policies and
procedures to be reviewed and updated on an annual basis. The
manual shall have policies and procedures for the receipt, storage,
recordkeeping, maintenance of patient profiles, administration and
accountability of all prescription drugs and procedures for the
removal and destruction of unwanted, unused, outdated, recalled
drugs and accountability and security of controlled
- Make every effort to ensure the maximum level of safety and
efficacy in the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Not condone or participate in any transaction with any
practitioner of another profession, or any other person whosoever
under which fees are divided, or rebates or kickbacks paid or
caused to be paid, or which may result in financial exploitation of
patients or their families in connection with the provision of
drugs, medication, supplies or pharmaceuticals.
- Document all his/ hers visits and activities including
- Give proper training for instruction to the persons at the
facility, who have day to day responsibility, for receipt,
administration of medication to patients, adverse reactions,
special diets or any other information relative to drug
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with
- Maintain a patient profile on each individual
- Visit the facility as needed and be available for
- Dispense take home medication to eligible patients
- Maintain methadone inventories (place and receive methadone
- Conduct biennial inventory
- Participate in any regulatory agency survey or audit.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical
- Other duties, as assignedQualifications:
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
- Currently licensed as Pharmacist in New Mexico
- Must have or obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Understanding of HIPAA, Federal, State and CARF standards and
- Knowledge of medications that interfere with the effectiveness
- Ability to recognize overdose of methadone and take appropriate
action per program protocol.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the
body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and
symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of
addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social
service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV
transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of
- Ability to work effectively within medical hierarchy, assist in
complex problem solving with clients, and work autonomously.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent
customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Code of Pharmacy Regulations in the State where
- Ability to supervise personnel.
- COVID-19 considerations:
- Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent
COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.Here is what you
can expect from us: Recovery Services of New Mexico is a
progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to
the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient
clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical,
emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each
of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality
of life. Recovery Services of New Mexico is committed to Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal,
State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the
basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship,
genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other
classification protected by State/Federal laws. PI175329739
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Roswell , Per Diem Pharmacist, Other , Roswell, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!