Medical Office Administrator
Company: Hanger, Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the
world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P)
services and products, offering the most advanced O&P
solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed
customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest
owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide.
Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded
and private label O&P devices, products and components, and
provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With 160
years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's vision is to
lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior
patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger
employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve
new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide
administrative support to patients, fellow employees and referral
sources through the coordination and administration of the front
office activities. The ideal candidate will have a background in an
administrative role with strong computer proficiency, and customer
service. Typical responsibilities include scheduling appointments,
validating insurance and payment authorization, inputting claims,
processing payments, performing account collections, conducting
billing research and responding to telephone inquiries.
* Responsible for patient appointment scheduling
* Insurance verification
* Creation of new patient charts and maintenance of patient
* Scanning and filing patient documents and ensuring complete and
* Managing incoming phone calls
* Obtaining insurance authorization
* Providing financial counseling for patients and posting over the
counter (OTC) payments
* Daily document research on an electronic health/medical record
* High school diploma or GED required.
* 2 years of office administrative experience
* A valid driver's license and driving record within the standards
outlined within Hanger's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
* At least 1 year of experience with EMR/electronic health/medical
record systems (preferably NextGen and/or OnBase).
* Working knowledge of HIPAA and other medical insurance
regulations and terminology for private payer, state and federal
plans including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols.
* Associate's degree.
* Ability to type 40 correct words per minute.
* At least 2 years of computer and office equipment experience
including MS Office products (Word, Excel), e-mail and automated
billing systems, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine,
* Basic administrative accounting skills.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will
regularly be required to sit, walk and stand; occasionally bend or
twist; regularly talk and hear, both in person and by telephone;
use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands
and arms (to include reaching overhead); and lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
NO PHONE CALLS/ WALK-INS: In an effort to maintain our highest
level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or
walk-ins from prospective candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies
or contractors will be accepted by the local Hanger Clinic. Please
respect our policy. Any necessary inquiries should contact our
corporate Talent Acquisition department.
Additional Success Factors
* Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and
organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail
* Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting
relationships with patients, referral sources, and colleagues.
* Personable office professional whose strengths include cultural
sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse
population in multicultural settings.
* Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring
ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent
projects in a fast paced environment.
* Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written
* Basic administrative accounting skills.
* Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service
to patients, fellow employees and referral sources.
* Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining
honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
* Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do,
building lifelong trust.
* Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone
* Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding
* Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for
Our Investment in You
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the
* Competitive Pay
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* 8 Paid Holidays per Year
* Paid Vacation Time Off
* Paid Sick Time Off
* 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
* Floating Holiday
* Life Insurance
* Medical Flex Spend Account
* Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
* Free employee assistance program
* Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and
long-term disability insurance
Keywords: Hanger, Inc., Roswell , Medical Office Administrator, Other , Roswell, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!