Operations Supervisor Development Program (OSDP)
Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Leprino Foods is seeking an Operations Supervisor within our
world-class Cheese and Dairy Nutrition 600-person manufacturing
team in Roswell, New Mexico to continue moving our organization to
even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production
efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best",
it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
Applicants Take Note: The 6-month OSDP path into Leprino is meant
for relatively new professionals within manufacturing leadership.
If you are a recent or upcoming college graduate, please inquire
about our 12-18-month Manufacturing Management Trainee
Program.Typical Career Progression: Operations Supervisor >
Production Supervisor > Senior Supervisor > Department
Manager > Production Manager > Plant Manager (and beyond)OSDP
- With coaching and guidance from plant leadership, the
Operations Supervisor will gain in-depth knowledge of all
Leprino-specific production processes from start-up to shut down
and is expected to be able to make solid decisions pertaining to
product quality, safety, and efficiencies for their applicable
- As part of your development process, Operations Supervisors are
also responsible for monitoring aspects of team performance
throughout their rotation, including product testing, equipment
operations, product inventories, and employee scheduling to meet
- Assist in building an effective employee team by engaging,
mentoring, and developing hourly team members when applicable.
- Develop and demonstrates knowledge of production processes
which assures that production yields and efficiencies are met as
defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Demonstrate developed people leadership skills in the
production department rotation by supporting and implementing
programs in training, safety, communications, performance
recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure
peak employee productivity.
- Supervise daily shift operations to ensure production standards
and quality parameters are met where needed.
- Achieve targeted production volumes for area of
- Determine equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance work
orders to minimize production downtime.
- Help to monitor team operations and makes recommendations for
labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality
- Execute to the department's financial performance goals to
assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible
- Help to implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance
and a safe working environment.
- Assists in leading and executing the department's quality
systems to achieve quality goals.
- Plan and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor
efficiency and ensure production needs are met, with guidance.
- Help to build and foster strong working relationships,
collaboration within the team and a positive work environment.
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems,
continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not
the exception. Take ownership of your career - it's yours to grow
if you're willing to put the work in.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and
resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee. You Have At Least
- A Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Chemical
Engineering, or related STEM degree.
- The ability to perform shift work in a 24/7 operational plant.
The milk never stops coming and neither do our operations!
- One (1) year of supervisory experience or experience as a
junior military commissioned officer. We Hope You Also Have
- A Master's in Food or Dairy Science, Food Technology, Chemical
Engineering, or related STEM degree.
- One (1) year of previous experience as a new production
supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous completion of a Manufacturing Leadership Trainee
program with a major food manufacturer (Nestle's FMDP, PepsiCo's
Supply Chain Leader, Cargill's OMT, etc.).Leprino Foods embraces
diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Offering
You In Return:A chance to be part of a global team of individuals
passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products
that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods
could not be where it is today without our incredible employees.
That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for
your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run
is our goal. Through competitive salaries and bonuses, life,
medical/dental/vision coverage, voluntary benefits, employee
assistance programs, wellness incentives, tuition assistance,
vacation, nine paid holidays, sick time, paid parental leave,
annual merit increases, as well as the LFC Profit-Sharing & 401(k)
plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to
further our company, our customers, and one another.Our Story:
Leprino Foods' history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino
first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets
and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We've
grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world's largest
manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of
whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights
are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company."
To help us achieve that bold vision, we're looking for our secret
ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what
you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early
1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global
locations. Will you join us on our journey?The "Easy Apply" option
through LinkedIn is not considered an official application with
Leprino Foods. If you would like to formally apply for this open
position, please visit
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Roswell , Operations Supervisor Development Program (OSDP), Other , Roswell, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!