Plant Safety Leader
Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Within our 600-person Roswell, New Mexico manufacturing facility
we are seeking a Plant Safety Leader. Will you turn your passion
for safety into impact by directly fostering a safe environment for
every single person that steps foot in our facility? EHS Today
voted Leprino Foods one of America's Safest Companies in 2016 -
will you help us continue this trend?
Training & Education:
- Conducts new hire safety orientation and compliance-based
job-specific safety training.
- Conducts train-the-trainer courses for the monthly safety
training topic, and periodically audits training success and
provides feedback on the departmental delivery of the
- Supports departmental safety meetings and pre-shift meetings by
providing safety topics for discussion.
- Makes safety "visible" in the workplace through various
postings, safety messages, campaigns, and other strategies.
- Facilitates an effective safety steering committee through the
identification, development, and sharing of injury trend analysis
and key performance indicators to drive ownership with the
direct-line operations management team, their direct reports, and
- Assists management teams with identifying roles and
responsibilities for safety at the various levels of the
organization and facilitates those activities that will help all
employees demonstrate their ongoing commitment to achieving an
- Champions employee involvement through the creation and support
of "Employee Involvement Teams" for safety improvement
opportunities including; training, inspections, accident
investigations, ergonomics, emergency preparedness, and safety
- Performs various inspections (hazard recognition) related to
general industry and food manufacturing to continuously improve
workplace conditions and behaviors.
- Coordinates/facilitates pre-use inspection process (i.e.,
hoists, ladders, fall protection, PIT).
- Develops and shares hazard recognition techniques with others
to develop a team approach for the onsite inspection process that
covers the numerous legal audits and inspections required in a
- Implements and maintains compliance-based safety policies and
programs to ensure that the facility meets and/or exceeds federal
and state OSHA regulations.
- Reviews proposed plant layout modifications and directs
management of change efforts to eliminate and/or control safety
- Accompanies OSHA, and EPA officials on inspections and acts as
liaison with agencies. Completes required governmental reporting
and maintains required recordkeeping.
- Partners with the Engineering/Maintenance staff in managing and
strengthening the facility's Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk
Management (RMP), and HAZMAT programs.
- Helps drive the HAZMAT program by conducting HAZMAT responder
certification training, HAZMAT refresher training, and emergency
response drills. Communicates key findings with interested
parties/partners as necessary.
- Conducts monthly PSM Committee meetings.
- Coordinates the medical surveillance program for HAZMAT.
- Maintains site-specific emergency response plan and serves as
the liaison with external agencies including local fire
You Have At Least (Required Qualifications):
- A Bachelor's degree in Safety Management or a similar
- Proven experience in a professional safety/EHS position -
primarily within manufacturing.
- Experience as an influential leader, someone who is comfortable
dealing with any and all authorities for safety inspections or
- Must have experience in process safety, fall protection,
forklift, and confined space.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Active affiliation with appropriate safety networks and
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety
Professional (CSP) certification.
- Dairy or cheese plant experience (24/7 production
- PSM, Ammonia Refrigeration, Technical Safety Standards, Dust
Combustion, and Electrical safety experience.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our
work will be.
Offering you in return:A chance to be part of a global team of
individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality
products that help feed and nourish families around the world.
Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible
employees. That is why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it
for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries and
bonuses, life, medical/dental/vision coverage, voluntary benefits,
employee assistance programs, wellness incentives, tuition
assistance, vacation, nine paid holidays, sick time, paid parental
leave, annual merit increases, as well as the LFC Profit-Sharing &
401(k) plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek
to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Our Story: Leprino Foods' history dates back over 65 years, when
Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for
local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of
Denver. We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world's
largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading
producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino
family, our sights are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and
Ingredient Company." To help us achieve that bold vision, we're
looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who
is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery
store in the early 1950s have now grown to almost 5,000 employees
throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our
The "Easy Apply" option through LinkedIn is not considered an
official application with Leprino Foods. If you would like to
formally apply for this open position, please visit
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Roswell , Plant Safety Leader, Professions , Roswell, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!