Senior Project Engineer (Sustainability & Climate Action)
Company: Leprino Foods
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Regionally based in our Roswell manufacturing facility; we are
seeking a Senior Project Engineer (Sustainability & Climate Action)
on our Corporate Environmental Technical Services team. Leprino
made a climate action commitment with a goal to achieve greenhouse
neutrality by 2050 to include $50 million of project funding set
aside by 2025. We can only achieve our sustainability goals with
the right people on the team to help make them a reality.
At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically
ranges between $135,000 and $150,000. This position has an annual
target bonus of 12%.
- The Senior Project Engineer will play a leading part in our
Climate Action Plan (CAP) strategy through scoping and leading
capital projects to meet and exceed our Global Responsibility
- Lead projects that will conform with the accurate
specifications, efficient maintenance, and safe operation of
utilities equipment, as well as ensuring regulatory compliance with
all governmental agencies (OSHA, PSM, RMP, DHS, EPA).
- The right candidate will provide mentorship and expertise to
other multi-functional project team members within Technical
Services and support plants with facility utility upgrades.
- Develop conservation strategies to improve energy efficiencies
through new and renovated utility installations, and coordinate
activities between corporate suppliers and outside contractors on
- Lead facility audits to determine utility conditions, and
recommendations utility expansions or renovations.
- Develop budgets for project development and Approval For
Expenditure (AFE) recommendations. Manages against capital budgets
from feasibility through commissioning.
- Lead all aspects of new installations (new equipment or
replacement projects) with utility engineering design,
specification, and coordination with outside consultants and
- Engage with both federal and local agencies to identify, track,
and communicate investment rebate opportunities for projects,
- Provide operation support for training and maintenance of new
- Serve as a technical resource for the plants, corporate
engineering, and Technical Services for all Utility related areas
including but not limited to: Steam Production, Air Compressors,
Ammonia Refrigeration, PSM, HVAC, Energy Efficiencies, Water Use,
conservation, and Regulatory compliance.
You Have At Least (Required Qualifications):
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical
Engineering or a very similar technical subject area.
- Eight (8) years of project engineering experience of which four
(4) years are utilities/sustainability/climate action engineering
projects within the food, beverage, chemical, petrol, or
- Ammonia refrigeration (experience in big Freon refrigeration
systems can be substituted) - this would be our number one deal
- Experience managing sustainability engineering projects of at
least $1 million.
- The ability to meet this role's travel requirements of having a
maximum of 8 overnight stays each month (non-consecutive). The
average annual travel is close to 30%, but at the height of a
project; travel could be closer to 70% (Monday through
- The ability to work a weekly 3/2 (office/home) hybrid
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical
- Eight (8) years of utilities, sustainability, and climate
action project engineering experience within food or dairy.
- Resource conservation efforts.
- Steam, Boiler, Heat Recovery (HRV), and Wastewater
- PSM Experience and OSHA 10Hr Certification.
- Multi-site support experience (this role would support all of
Leprino's nine manufacturing facilities in the U.S.)
Leprino Foods celebrates and supports diversity. We believe in
equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We know we are
better together and are committed to creating an inclusive and
supportive culture that uses the unique talents, experiences,
background, and perspectives of each individual employee.
Offering You In Return:A chance to be part of a team of individuals
passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products
that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods
could not be where it is today without our incredible employees.
That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for
your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run
is our goal. Through competitive salaries and bonuses, life,
medical/dental/vision coverage, voluntary benefits, employee
assistance programs, wellness incentives, tuition assistance,
vacation, ten paid holidays, sick time, paid parental leave, annual
merit increases, as well as the LFC Profit-Sharing & 401(k) plan.
Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further
our company, our customers, and one another.
Our Story:Leprino Foods' history dates back over 70 years, when Jim
Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local
markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver.
We've grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world's largest
manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of
whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights
are set to be the "World's Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company."
To help us achieve that bold vision, we're looking for our secret
ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what
you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early
1950s have now grown to almost 5,000 employees throughout 16 global
locations. Will you join us on our journey?
The Easy Apply option through LinkedIn is not considered an
official application with Leprino Foods. If you would like to
formally apply for this open position, please visit
Keywords: Leprino Foods, Roswell , Senior Project Engineer (Sustainability & Climate Action), Professions , Roswell, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!