91L Construction Vehicle Repairer
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: March 10, 2019
91L Construction Vehicle Repairer
Job ID: 1056818
Job Views: 9
Location: ROSWELL, New Mexico, United States
ZIP Code: 88203
Job Category: Mechanic and Maintenance
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
If you've ever considered a career in maintaining heavy machinery, join the Army National Guard as a Construction Vehicle Repairer and help pave the way for success. In this role, you will maintain trucks, bulldozers, power shovels, and other heavy equipment needed for construction operations.
As a Construction Vehicle Repairer you will maintain and replace brake actuators, batteries, starter motors, alternators, mechanical fuel pumps, and hydraulic cylinders; adjust engine speed governor/valves, carburetors, dry-disc clutches, steering brakes, and fuel injector racks; charge suspension accumulators, transmission shift accumulators, and main hydraulic accumulators; troubleshoot problems in vehicle engines, electrical systems, steering, brakes, and suspensions; tune up and repair engines; replace or repair damaged body parts, hydraulic arms, shovels, and grader blades; and establish and follow maintenance schedules.
* Service drive shafts, universal joints, service brake shoes, water pumps, and turbochargers
* Maintain and replace cylinder heads, high-pressure fuel injection pumps, and road wheels
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Repair and replace body panels, fenders, and radiators
* Troubleshoot hydraulic systems
* Interest in math, electricity, and shop mechanics
* Interest in electric motors and appliances
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career at service stations, auto and construction equipment dealers, farm equipment companies, and state highway agencies. You can also consider a future as a garage mechanic, carburetor mechanic, transmission mechanic, construction equipment mechanic, or endless track vehicle mechanic.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Construction Equipment Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 8 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Roswell , 91L Construction Vehicle Repairer, Professions , Roswell, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!